Saturday, April 25, 2009

Mum and Chris




My Mum (right) has been staying for the past week with her friend Chris. They are both widows and are good company for one another. Chris naturally saw some of my art work around the house and asked how to make the gift bags.





She came to class yesterday while Colin took Mum to a local market in Moraira. Margaret came to class as usual bringing her Norwegan granddaughter Charlotte and I showed them the technique of firstly making an envelope and then converting it into a gift bag all from a 12 x 12 sheet of card. I then challenged them to see if they had listened and gave them a plain A5 envelope to decorate and make into a bag themselves and here are the results. I think they did exceptionally well.





Mum and Chris fly back to the UK tomorrow so I will go and give them some attention while I can - Mum's house is up for sale and she will be joining us out here when it is sold. She is 84 and is fit and healthy but getting quite worried about simple things like light bulbs needing replacing and the garden and burglars and such..

so Bye for now
Sue x

1 comment:

thekathrynwheel said...

Call by blog if you chance - a blog award for you :-)