Thursday, April 9, 2009

50th post - a small but significant milestone

Had a day off today as Easter approaches. The weather was glorious and as I rarely get a chance to go into the Old Town I went to the market for vegetables. There is just so much traffic - we are used to just a few vehicles around the place and there were queues everywhere! Muchas turistas!!
Some of the Spanish stall holders were on strike with placards and a small Police presence. The market has been relocated back into the Old Town but on split sites which appears not to please some hence the strike.

Mooched around in various other shops, bought some freshly baked hot cross buns in the English bakers, went to Humpty Dumpty for my newspaper and to buy a pencil eraser (touching nose to Tanya - you'll have to wait and see! don't think the sneaky peek will help!!!ha!ha!)



All will be revealed tomorrow when the recipient has seen it!!..

The sky is blue, the sun is shining - its 20 odd degrees - and all's right with the world - well my little world anyway - just off to finish the ironing, water a few plants and kick off my flip-flops and finish (in the sun - just thought I'd rub that in for those in cold and grey UK) the Penny Vicente trilogy I have been reading for the last couple of weeks (the one about the Lytton book dynasty)

Having heard so much about them I bought the first two books in the Twilight series and can't wait to start them - hoped to be able to talk to Tanya about them as she has read them already. So better be going then and make the most of this rare day off....
Bye for now
Sue xx

1 comment:

tanya watts said...

5o posts!!!! congrats!
i'm nearly set to go! i will need to sit onj my suitcase to get it zipped up hihi! and it weighs the 20 kg that i am allowed to take without paying another extra... imagine me having to leave little gifts behind hihi! hey two can play this game nah!!! hihi

see yoo tomorrrrrrrowwwwwww!

xox t