Saturday, July 18, 2009

Yes, they are done.



I'm back in the land of the living, thank goodness.

I mentioned in my last post -how many days ago??? that I had to finish my daughter's Wedding Invitations and I have! Whew! Yes, they are done! All 125 of them.

Many thanks must go to ..... drum roll.....

...Ems (Dyan's daughter) who speedily came to my rescue with that dark green card

...Yaa and her sister who came to the shop Thursday afternoon at such short notice and who cut ribbon lengths and attached double sided tape to the backs of sooooo many pieces of card

...Muriel who located the beautiful ribbon in England.

Stars, every one!

I still have to complete the Order of Service covers but the stamping and heat embossing is done - it just needs matting and layering and attaching. I am hoping that they will be ready to go with Colin to the UK on 27th July but if not they will go with me when I go to the Wedding in October.


*************

I am SO HAPPY because my son and his two gorgeous children Abigail (9) and Joshua (7)arrived from Scotland last night - hence the rush as I wanted time to play with them as I see them so rarely. (Sorry Tanya and Norah for the lack of communication but you can now see why)

This is them leaving Dunfermline 11.30 yesterday morning.....



...and this is them at 8.30 last night.








I was woken this morning with.....
"Granny, can you get up so we can go in the pool"

and then with Grampy gone to golf and Daddy relaxing in the hammock they came to the shop for some arty play.

Abs stamped, heat embossed and painted with the lovely Blonde Moments mica pigments.



Josh made a little house - first time heat embossing - fabby job Joshie!!



...put bugs on the roof!! and drew and stuck pictures behind fragments for door and windows.



and then Granny said "lets get messy" so out came the spray inks and we sprayed and screwed up pieces of copy paper


and added heat embossing and then stuck them to card as covers for a holiday album.





and now Grampy has taken them to the beach for "quality time".

At the end of the month I may get some "quality time" to do something for myself but in the meantime I will just enjoy these delightful little people.

so Bye for now
Sue

No comments: