Thursday, March 5, 2009

Tim, you are a true inspiration


I remembered seeing a technique of Tim's where he blasts a blob of alcohol ink with air from a can - well I had the alcohol inks but no aerosol so what to do??? "Think out of the box" I say so I followed my own rules and found a solution. The kidz have juice to drink in little boxes complete with....yes, a straw....so.....drink the juice and nick the straw!!! easy heh! A bit of glossy card later and hey-ho.....fun!

I had earlier been playing with my Sticky Fingers inks without much success. I had lots of inky pieces of paper but no inspiration of what to do with them.



Then suddenly inspiration struck. This looks like a quiet rural landscape - what if I made the other alcohol ink piece into urban!! Got it!



Heyho! bit of stamping later and two more atc's are made!! The urban jungle houses are coloured with Wet look markers and heat embossed with clear and the atc edges roughed up a bit!! while the rural idyll houses are painted with sticky fingers inks (maple and olive). Add a songbird embellishment and the piece is complete. Voila! very pleased with these two.



Right, ignore the grey sky and the howling wind which I suppose is keeping the rain away - we've had enough rain lately thanks - and get on with making some more art.
Bye then
hugs Sue xx

No comments: