Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I haven't been able to get into blogger for a few days so in true Sod's Law style I get Colin in to watch me log in ...and hey presto ...straight in!!! gggrrrr!!!

So, in reverse order.....

...tonight the girls completed the canvases they started last week. I forgot to take a close-up photo of mine but I will do so tomorrow.



Yaa was ill last week so I gessoed a canvas for her - her Dad and Alice's are sharing a joke while waiting for the girls to finish...delayed slightly while waiting for paint and glitter to dry...



Here they are working diligently...



...earlier today, as I do on the 25th of every month from June to November, I held a Christmas card making class...scaaary - this is the last one this year!! only 30 more sleeps till Santa comes!!

Amidst much merriment and singing of carols Q, Monica and Ruth made two cards, a black and white Crafty Individuals one and a red and green Artistic Stamper/Blonde Moments one.





so that's today, now on to yesterday...and the workmen - yes they are still outside but we now have two lots!! We are now on week 13 of the road improvements lot( yes, the one that the chief told me two weeks more or less on the day they started!! -methinks he meant two weeks before Christmas!!ha!ha!

and then there are the lot painting the outside of the building - well after they have sand blasted (with water) the loose paint off. This photo was taken at 10am - luckily only Erica was coming to class with Christine now in the UK for a while and Emma moving house....





so with a cushion over her head Erica dodged the splashes...and happily made a beautiful pop out card....



...and my loyal customers weren't going to let a drop of water!!!!! stop them from coming in - so a Universal "YooHoo!" got the man with the hose on the crane to stop the water while they made a dash for the door...

Tuesday evening saw me on the sofa with my journal doodling once more...




and then Monday the younger girls started their canvases but I forgot to take photos - I will take them when they are finished next Monday...

Over the weekend Sunday was designated a "don't think about the shop" day - Colin insists on this every once in a while - difficult I know but sensible I have to agree - and as I have been a fan of Teesha Moore for quite a while I opened my other blank moleskine journal and decided to try some journalling in Teesha style so I painted a dozen or so pages and stuck in some images and here are a couple of pages....





Well I'm glad you managed to stick with me to the end - I hope you thought it was worthwhile.

Heavy day today so I am going to get a mug of hot choccy and head for bed.

Bye for now
Sue

2 comments:

Kirsti said...

Oh Wow Sue... You have been really busy these last few days.. The girls canvases are coming along nicely and your art journalling is fantastic...Hugs Kirsti x

tanya watts said...

yep! i read to the end lol,you rambeling woman you!!! lol
the girl's canvasses look neat! good job they did! tell them i said so :)
your doodeling is taking great form mrs and your other 'teesha" type one too, coool
see you soon! got ur tickets yet??? not yet?? huhuuuummmm and why not?

love t xxx