Saturday, June 4, 2011

***edit don't know why both cards look bent - must be something to do with the camera?***

This week it was two birthdays...both on the same day - 1st June.

This is the card I made for my friend Molly - she of the mollypop flowers!!! and I won't reveal her age but... I shall be the same age in three months time - anyway, the edges are all Distressed, the button is utee, the flowers are recycled jacket lining and mosquito netting and the black lace is the edging from the mossie netting - how's that for ingenuity! huh!!! She was thrilled with the card and Colin and I are going there for a meal tomorrow with her and Arie... fingers crossed for good weather as we have been having very unpredictable weather of late...

the second birthday card was for the lovely Jodie - my daughter-in-law to be - and I used the gorgeous Teresa Collins paper and glitter card -- Jodie is a real pink and pretty girl - see her legs below! My son proposed to her at the top of the Eiffel Tower and their wedding reception meal is at the Parisian restaurant in Las Vegas in October so when I saw this cardstock at Stitches I knew just who I would use it for and have been patiently waiting for June to come around...

I took this photo of Jodie at my daughter Victoria's wedding - both girls are really tall and very slim - its just the angle I took this photo that make Jodie's legs look huge - sorry Jodes -
This is the page that this weeks class will be making... it includes stamping, stamping and heat embossing, painting, doodling, painting and drawing a face, die-cutting and journalling... and here's Blanca, Elena, Celia, Becky and Blaithin after class this morning... and this is my original journal page...
This morning while wife Arantxa shopped I chatted with Josep - they are from Valencia an hour and a quarter away - who turns out to be a Northern Soul fanatic - Dyan if you are reading this he will be at Cleethorpes in 2 weeks time - Arantxa is a Tim groupie so what an alright couple!!! This is the page all the girls in last weeks classes made and which I forgot to photograph.....
and here are the Monday girls - giggling at Mina - she's a real cutie but quite a handful!
Right, I had better take advantage of the sun shining to put some washing in the machine - its been one day beautiful and the next day pouring - quite unusual for May/June here in Spain so








Bye for now


Sue

No comments: