Saturday, June 18, 2011

RIP my Lovely Dad


If roses grow in heaven, Lord, then pick a bunch for me.

Place them in my Dad's arms and tell him they're from me.

Tell him that I love and miss him, and when he turns to smile,


Place a kiss upon his cheek and hold him for awhile.


Diane Radischat wrote this on her wall today and it is so appropriate as my lovely Dad would have celebrated his 89th Birthday on 5th June but sadly died aged 84 on 30th June 2006 as I was preparing to open my shop and he never lived to see what a success it has grown into. He was the person who put a pencil into my hand and guided it as I learnt my letters and he shaped my words by showing me how to write neatly by using the squares of football pools coupons.
I spent hours of my childhood helping him sort his maggots for his fishing trips - that was his passion - along with birdwatching, gardening and making things - he was so creative. I have so many things in my home that Dad made and they will be lovingly passed onto my children.


I am getting maudlin now so got to go


Bye for now


Suexx

No comments: