Friday, May 15, 2009

1st try with metal



After only one class with Lin Brown quite a few years ago when I bought the tools but no metal!!!why? I know not - the tools have lain neglected and unloved until today. Last weekend Colin went to Lin's shop and bought me some metal and moulds and this afternoon I had my first play. I really enjoyed what I did although I am none too sure that it's very successful but for a first attempt! well!its OK.

I sponged some dark brown acrylic paint onto the first piece - not sure if what I was doing was right - and then wiped the surface. Unfortunately, on this piece I was a little heavy handed with the ball and cup tool with the result - holes!!!oh well!

Anyway, I had a lovely time and I still have loads more metal!!!so keep watching - it will improve.

Bye for now
Sue

No comments: