Friday, April 1, 2011

40th Birthday present for Gayle

Sorry ladies, it's a long post tonight...it's OK there's lots of pictures and not much writing... but I had to share with you this album I made for my lovely hairdresser friend Gayle who celebrated her 40th birthday on 6th March...I took my trusty point and press camera which never lets me down...but guess what...that night it chose not to co-operate and so some of the photos aren't what they should be but nevertheless we had a fabulous night out at a local restaurant.....so sit back and hopefully enjoy...
I shrunk the menu to fit inside the fabulous Baroque die by Sizzix...and our Queen for the night...
The table before we invaded...and Gayle and co snuck outside to enjoy a ciggie or two!
Some of these photos weren't the best but I had to work with what I had and they are a memory after all...
the left hand flap opens up to reveal a panoramic triptych of everyone seated...
There were photos of Gayle through the years - even with the 80's curly perm!!! and some beautiful baby ones too...
Gayle didn't know whether to laugh or cry and did both...
Gayle had loads of presents and.....
...lift the flap and here's just one of them...
Cheers!!! and lift the flap to see Caz's shoes.....
Just had to take a photo of Caz's shoes - you can tell she's the youngster of the group
Just look at the size of that pepper pot!!!!! with 26 ladies there you can guess there was a comment or two!!! Lol!

but by the time the cake complete with naked men came out my camera battery had died so I've had to leave that one for Gayle to find and attach...
As I hadn't got all the photos I made some pockets and tags for Gayle to add photos later...
A few photos of the food...and of course the wine!!!

I made a little envelope to hold the flyer with all the good wishes... I got all the ladies to sign it...







I went to have my hair cut and...shhhh! whisper this bit - coloured this afternoon and gave it to Gayle and she
was delighted with the album







and even if I say so myself so was I.

Bye for now

Sue

2 comments:

thekathrynwheel said...

Wow, the book is amazing. What a great present and a great way to remember birthday celebrations :-)

Debbie H said...

What a lovely thought!!